1. Accessibility Introduction
As clothing is one of everyone’s greatest means of self-expression, we want everyone to feel welcome on our website. We’re committed to making our website as accessible as possible to everyone and ensuring we provide equal access to all of our users.
Some ways we try to improve accessibility on our site include:
- Allowing users to adjust font sizes;
- Using ARIA roles where appropriate;
- Maintaining acceptable contrast ratios;
- Describing images with text equivalents;
- Providing skip links at the top of the page; and
- Providing touch and keyboard-accessible navigation.
2. Accessibility Measures
We endeavor to follow WebAIM’s Principles of Accessible Design. These are internationally agreed-upon standards that cover a wide range of recommendations and best practices for making content useable. As we add new pages and functionality to our website, all designs, code, and content entry practices are checked against these standards.
Website accessibility is an ongoing process. We continually test content and features for WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance and remediate any issues to ensure we meet or exceed the standards.
Testing of our website is performed by our team members using industry-standard tools such as the Accessibility Checker WordPress Plugin, color contrast analyzers, keyboard-only navigation techniques, and Flesch-Kincaid readability tests.
We take the following measures to improve our site’s accessibility:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement; and
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
3. Conformance Status
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A. (lowest), Level AA (mid-range), and Level AAA (highest).
Vostra Moda is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
4. Known Issues
This is part of our broader effort to make everyone’s experience a welcoming and enjoyable one. Please note that while we make every effort to provide information accessible for all users, we cannot guarantee the accessibility of third-party websites and plugins to which we may link or use.
In our efforts to bring our website up to standard, we are targeting the following areas:
- Link Support: We occasionally post URLs that are not clickable links on pages in connection to our Stream page. We understand that this is counterintuitive and the third-party software used to post to these pages is limited by this.
The developer has included the feature labeled “Link Support” in the software’s roadmap as a high-priority item.
5. Send Feedback
Contact us or email us at hellobri [at] vostramoda.com with any feedback on the accessibility of our site. We take all issues seriously and care deeply about having an accessible-to-all design.